Sunday, February 13, 2011

Crazy Sleeper...

People often ask me why I don't work nights as a nurse. Well there are several reasons, but a main one is that Tip is quite the crazy sleeper. He often wakes me up at night by grabbing me, or telling me some crazy story, or wandering my house (I found him in the garage once). It usually pretty dang funny! This makes him pretty much useless at night when it come to Lexi. Last night was no exception. Lexi had a rough night last night, and I was supposed to work today. When Lexi woke for the second time at 1 am, Tip sat up a little and this is the conversation and events that took place...

Me: You awake?
Tip: Yup
Me: Will you just go give her her binkie, I just fed her less then an hour ago.
Tip: Yup

I then laid there with my eyes close listening as he went in Lexi's room. Lexi continued to scream and he came back to our room...I opened my eyes and he stood above me trying to put the binkie in MY mouth.

Me: What are you doing?
Tip: Shhh (trying to push my hands out of the way)
Me: Why did you bring me the binkie?
Tip: She didn't want it...
Me: Go to bed, you are NO help at night.
Tip: Ok

I then took the binkie back to Lexi and got in bed giggling. Although Lexi continued to scream for another 2 hours and I ended up calling into work since I had only slept 45 minutes by 3 am! He did make the night kinda entertaining!

and thats why I don't work nights!!

9 comments:

Meesha said...

I just busted up laughing OUT LOUD! That is TOO funny!

Flake Family said...

That is too funny. I'm laughing out loud by myself!

Christina P. said...

That is dang funny!

KristenJohnson said...

I was just laughing so hard!!!

Harris Family said...

WOWWWWW... that is classic. Jeff and I are busting a gut!!! Jeff is a pretty heavy sleeper but doesn't do anything like that... Oh Tip how we love you!!!

Jake said...

This is hilarious!

Kade and McCall said...

HAHAHAH oh my heck I am dying laughing!!!! That is something Kade would TOTALLY do!!!!!!

Souza Family said...

Laughing so hard. Tears and all. Alberto used to say some funny stuff in the night after we had the twins, but that is the best.

Beck said...

That made my day! AMAZING!! I am laughing so hard right now. By the way those pictures of Lexi are adorable. She is such a cutie.